The goal of the Garden Hills Elementary School (GHES) Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is to foster a partnership between the school and its families to enhance the enrichment programs provided to our students. PTA fundraising supports programs that directly benefit our children by:
- Supporting and organizing school-wide events
- Providing a forum to discuss issues of importance to parents and teachers
- Providing the volunteers and structure needed to support school projects
How do I join the PTA?
Becoming a member of PTA is encouraged during the early months of the school year, but new members are welcome throughout the year. There are three ways to join.
- Sign up at School Registration and submit membership dues ($5.00 per parent/guardian).
- Complete the PTA Membership forms sent home in your child's Friday Folder, attach your membership dues ($5.00 per parent/guardian), and return to your child's teacher in their Friday Folder.
- Download and print the online membership form, attach membership dues ($5.00 per parent/guardian), and return to your child's teacher in their Friday Folder.
How are my PTA membership dues used?
- PTA dues are used to help fund projects and programs that add to the quality of your child’s education and to help teachers and parents communicate and work together.
- Of the $5.00 donated $1.75 goes to the National PTA and $1.00 goes to the Georgia PTA. The remainder goes to the GHES PTA.
What benefits do I get from joining PTA?
- Georgia PTA Member Benefit Providers
- Alliance Theatre offers a 20% discount on tickets for some events. Tickets must be purchased in groups of six or more.
- Atlanta HistoryCenter offers a 10% discount off any level of annual membership. (Individuals $50, students/teachers $25 with ID, family membership $75.) For more information, contact the AtlantaHistoryCenter at 404 814-4000.
- Atlanta Spirit (Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Thrashers and Philips Arena) offers event related discounts.
- Chattahoochee NatureCenter offers PTA members a 10% discount off a family membership. Take a nature walk together.
- Georgia PTA/CWK Network is excited to announce our partnership with Atlanta-based Connect With Kids to bring important and innovative educational resources to families.
- Fernbank offers PTA members a 10% discount off any level of membership when you present your PTA membership card.
- Honey Baked Ham Company offers delicious membership incentives. PTA Members receive 10% discount when you present your membership card. HoneyBaked's new CHAT (Children's Hour at the Table) brochure will offer PTA members ideas and activities to make mealtime fun, suggestions for helping children succeed and meal ideas. Click here to download brochure.
- ALL PTA members can receive discounts at Oriental Trading Company. Oriental Trading Company orders placed through Nancy Thornton via email or call her at 770-896-1699 will receive a 10% discount and free shipping.
Benefits at the National Level are available by visiting the website www.pta.org
When are PTA meetings held?
- PTA meetings are usually held a monthly basis at 6:00 pm in the gymnasium of the school. Click Here to view calendar.
- PTA Board meeting are usually held the first Tuesday of every month at 4:30 pm in the conference room at the school.
- Be sure to check the Friday Flyer for any changes to these scheduled times.